Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tagged:Of Cartoons and Paintings

I have been tagged by Megha so here I go..
First to Quote Megha on this topic:
"M.F.Husain, the so called "Picasso" of India has made horrendous albeit atrocious illustrations for a book by Daniel Alan Herwitz showing various Hindu Godesses not just indulging in sexual acts with their significant other(which we see in temple sculptures anyway) but indulging in open bestiality, yes bestiality. For you lost innocent souls and for those of you who have been living under a rock until now, bestiality means indulging in sexual acts with an animal. "

If Mr Husain thinks what he creates is a beautiful piece of art, then why should the names of Indian/Hindu Gods /Godess be given? Is that purely coincidental? If its not coincidental and if its delibrate, why the hell is such an insult being taken so lightly!

If we say this is because we are very tolerant to other religions! And this is what we call Secularism?

I dont think this is tolerance, religious tolerance can be defined to be tolerant with other ppl following their own faith. What this is accepting a huge insult and keeping mum because we are not powerful!

I dont think the way we act is secularism either! First of all what the heck the current polity of India defines secularism! I dont wanna dwell on this as my post would go in a different direction.
I recently saw a new political party formed by IITans.. visit http://www.paritrana.org. This seems to be a new initiative and brings in lotsa energy.

What ever Mr.Hussain is trying, this is my comments on his Art:
Mr Hussain, as a Hindu, i feel deeply hurt by your art that depics my Dieties(my Gods/ what I worship) in a very deregotory manner. I feel you would realise that these kinda arts do create pains at millions of Hindus and would suggest you to revert these arts back and destroy them.
I also recommed you not to indulge in such activities in future as it does deeply hurt our feelings!


To the world:
I deeply deplore the deregatory art forms of Mr Hussain and i feel we need to initiate a protest against this. But again will this solve the problem? Yes may be, but in the long run, to make our dignity to be saved from such actions, why dont we resolve to follow our faiths sincerely?
Why dont we play our part? Why dont we do the following sets of things....

1. Lets visit any temple atleast twice a week
2. Lets have a link in our websites stating that we support hinduism. Lets try to post good things about hinduism and spread knowledge about it.
3.Lets preach Hinduism and gift Geetha to non-hindus so that they get to know about our actual culture and richness of our heritage.

Let me know what you guys suggest?

Thanks
Aravinthan.